Finding help in an emergency
Mid Staffs Mind is unable to offer 24 hour emergency support, so if you feel you need urgent help, please try the following:
- Make an emergency appointment with your GP
- Call your mental health worker or care co-ordinator if you have one
- Go to the accident and emergency department at your local hospital
- Call 999
- Call Staffordshire Doctors Out of Hours Service, telephone 111, trained nurses can give you help and support 24 hours a day.
- Contact The Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90, Textphone: 08457 90 91 92. The Samaritans offer a 24-hour confidential telephone helpline. You can also contact them via email or write to them.
- Call Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline on 0808 800 2234 or text on 07860 022821. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Online Chat: www.brighter-futures.org.uk
For more information see the Staffordshire Mental Health Directory